Rock Climbing Guiding Fundamentals
Elijah is an American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA) trained rock climbing trainer. He also lead REI rock climbing skills training in the Bay Area (CA) in advance of coming back to Humboldt.
This course will introduce you to the skills and techniques required to guide groups and individuals on natural rock. Gain tips on how to bring the group together and gain the necessary trust before climbing.
You will learn how to:
- Work hands on with customers and meet their social needs
- Safely teach and manage bouldering
- Ensure good spotting by participants
- Manage objective risks, as well as those on the rock and on the ground.
- Proper usage of crash pads
- Evaluate existing and set up of site specific anchors
- Teach participants to belay
- Choose routes that allow participants to succeed but still be challenged
Together we will explore the physical and psychological issues involved in leading top roping expeditions.
North Coast Adventure Centers is partnered with Humboldt State Universities office of Extended Education (California State University). We offer 2 units of Recreation credit to community members and High School students that are at least Juinors with at 3.0 GPA or greater.
*Please note, cancellations prior to 14 days of the training will be refunded all moneys paid less a $20 handling fee. Cancellations between 3 and 14 days before the training will forfeit their deposit (50%). Cancellations less than 3 days before the training will forfeit the full price of the training.
Rock Climbing Guide Fundamentals is a North Coast Adventure Centers Inc. ORIGINAL PROGRAM. North Coast Adventure Centers operates under special use permits from Six Rivers National Forest, California State Parks, the City of Arcata (CA), the City of Eureka (CA), and the Bureau of Land Management. We are a non-discriminating, equal opportunity service provider.